Organized by Cannes Docs - Marché du Film, in association with L’Œil d’or - Documentary Award, the CNC, UniFrance & ACID.
Tuesday 13 July 2021
10:00 — 12:00 : Main stage - Marché du Film (Lérins)
• Opening words Marché du Film - Festival de Cannes, L’Œil d’or - Documentary Award, CNC - Centre national du cinéma et de l’image animée.
• Contemporary Youth Rising Up & Taking Action. Docs for Change. Filmmaker Flore Vasseur
(Bigger Than Us
, Official Selection, Special Screening, Festival de Cannes 2021), in conversation with Laëtitia Moreau
, Author, Filmmaker, President of LaScam 2019-2021
• Women Doc Filmmakers in the A-List Film Festival Circle. With filmmaker Salomé Jashi
(Taming the Garden
, 2021, The Dazzling Light of Sunset
, 2016), editor Yaël Bitton
, by Rahul Jain, Official Selection, Special Screening, Festival de Cannes 2021), and producer Paula Vaccaro
, 2019, Uncle Howard, 2016). Moderated by Biljana Tutorov
, Program Director, CIRCLE Women Doc Accelerator.
15:00 — 17:00 : Main stage - Marché du Film (Lérins)
• Special Address from the International Coalition for Filmmakers at Risk (ICFR). By Marjan van der Haar,
Managing Director, International Film Festival Rotterdam, Co-Founding Partner of ICFR.
• A Conversation with Ezra Edelman
President of the 2021 L’Œil d’or - Documentary Award. Jury Academy Award-winning filmmaker Ezra Edelman
(O.J.: Made in America
, 2016), in conversation with Joslyn Barnes
, Co-Founder, Chief Operating Officer & Producer, Louverture Films.
• Docs-Only Cinemas – No Way?… Yes Way! First-Hand Accounts from DocXchange, the Documentary Exhibitors Collective. With speakers Dale Dobson
(Maysles Documentary Center, New-York), Chris McDonald
(Hot Docs Cinema, Toronto), Camilla Toschi
(Cinema La Compagnia, Florence) and Elizabeth Wood
(Bertha DocHouse, London). Moderated by Daniela Elstner
, Executive Director, UniFrance.
20:15 — 22:00 : Cinéma les Arcades
• Closing screening. Vedette
, by Claudine Bories
& Patrice Chagnard
, 100’ l France l 2021 l Produced by Les Films du Parotier & New Story. Selected at ACID Cannes 2021