La formation et les candidatures se faisant en anglais, le message ci-dessous est également rédigé dans la langue de Shakespeare
Taking place every November during IDFA, IDFAcademy gives emerging international filmmakers the opportunity to meet a broad spectrum of highly esteemed documentary professionals willing to share their knowledge of the industry.
During this intensive training program, participants gain up-to-date market knowledge of the documentary industry and learn first-hand about the current trends in documentary filmmaking. Trends and models in various parts of the world are dealt with to ensure that participants develop a broad view of the sector. The program consists of masterclasses of well-known directors and smaller sessions on subjects like outreach and distribution. See the 2021 program.
LaScam invites* 5 authors, making their first or second feature length, who have proven their talent on a national scale and would like to expand their career internationally.
This call for projects is exclusively dedicated to authors recipient of, either Brouillon d’un rêve grant, Etoile de la Scam, Scam Prize or Albert Londres Prize.
Although the program is not project-driven, participants should have a project during their attendance. This ensures that participants are constantly applying the general knowledge and advice to their own documentary during the four days program.
Particular attention will be focused on your motivations. What do you hope to get out of the IDFAcademy program and how can your participation contribute to your career?
The next IDFAcademy will take place between Thursday, November 10 and Sunday, November 13.
The application deadline for LaScam is Monday August 1st at 3pm. The finale selection in collaboration with IDFA will be made in October.
Please use this form to apply before Monday August 1st at 3pm.
Please have the following details (english only) ready:
- Full contact details
- Motivation – What do you hope to get out of the IDFAcademy program and how can your participation contribute to your career – max 400 words
- Pitch of your project – max. 350 words (vimeo link optional)
- Biography max. 120 words (only one author per project can apply)
- Full Filmography (mandatory, or mention that this is your first film): films titles, broadcasters, festival selections and prizes
- Vimeo link to one selected film from your filmography
In October, before IDFA, LaScam proposes a workshop « The art of the pitch » open in priority to the winners of the IDFAcademy. It consists of two modules:
- A training course on the methodology of pitch in English (4 hours) – Monday, October 10th
- A pitch practice session (4 hours) – the following week
* The costs for organization are covered by LaScam and IDFA
Lise Roure, Fanny Viratelle et Maimouna Najib – IDFAcademy@scam.fr – 0970 444 022